Custom orthotics can help with the recovery of many causes of foot and ankle pain. They support the foot, redistribute pressure and help to stabilize the joints of the foot. Many people with foot and ankle pain have poor balance and posture. Custom orthotics can help correct these problems by improving gait mechanics from the ground up.
3 typical causes of foot and ankle pain
The foot is a very intricate part of the body, and even minor problems in feet can cause pain and limit activity. Here are three of the issues that typically cause foot and ankle pain:
- Arthritis — This condition refers to inflammation of one or more joints. It is often accompanied by pain, stiffness, redness, swelling, warmth, and deformity when affecting the foot or ankle.
- Flat feet (fallen arches) — With flat feet, the arches on the inside of your feet are flattened. This enables the entire sole of your foot to touch the ground when you stand up. As a result, your feet may hurt, swell and feel tired quickly.
- Plantar fasciitis — Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the web of tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot, from the base of your toes to your heel bone. Usually, this condition is caused by a strain or minor tear in the fascia, though it can also be produced by tight calf muscles or arthritis.
The benefits of custom orthotics
Custom orthotics can aid in addressing foot and ankle aches because they offer pressure relief and support for a wide range of foot problems.
Orthotics are custom-made shoe inserts designed to correct the alignment of your feet and ankles. They can be used to alleviate pain caused by an existing foot condition and prevent future foot problems from occurring.
Some of the benefits they may offer include:
● Addressing unique foot structure and posture issues.
● Providing stability while standing, walking or running.
● Helping prevent future injuries by correcting misalignment issues.
● Reducing pressure on joints and tendons.
What makes custom orthotics preferred over other kinds of shoe inserts?
Custom orthotics are typically molded from an impression of your feet and are often measured to fit perfectly in your shoes. This means they are designed to support your feet and ankles in the best position possible, which can relieve the pressure that leads to foot and ankle discomfort. Over-the-counter inserts are generic; they are not customized to a patient's needs and may not address root issues.
Biocorrect has the perfect custom shoe inserts to address your foot and ankle pain
Looking for custom orthotics to help ease your foot and ankle pain? Our Biocorrect team is proud to offer such an effective product. Our certified pedorthists make every one of the custom orthotics we offer, and every pair of custom orthotics we design draws from:
- The results of a one-on-one foot and gait evaluation.
- A custom foam mold of your feet.