The feet are the foundation of the body. They are responsible for balancing body weight and sustaining movements during sports. When playing sports, your feet take a lot of stress, which is why they can develop problems such as bunions, plantar fasciitis and more.
Custom orthotics should be included in the recovery process, whatever is triggering your foot pain during sports.
Potential causes of sports foot pain
Foot pain when playing sports can be the result of many issues. A few such issues that may be affecting your feet during sports include:
- A bruised heel — Direct impact to the calcaneus, or heel bone, can cause a bruise, and this seemingly minor injury can become quite debilitating. When you've injured your heel bone or the fatty padding around it, protecting it from further trauma is tricky because you're always putting weight on your heels.
- Plantar fasciitis — This issue is the inflammation or degeneration of the fascia that connects the longitudinal arch to the bottom of the foot. If left untreated, the propensity is for this condition to become chronic. Athletes with high arches should make time to stretch their plantar fascia by pulling their toes up toward their shins. Low-arched athletes should wear supportive footwear with arch support or add custom orthotics to their shoes. Calf stretching can be helpful as well.
Custom orthotics can provide several benefits to athletes
These and other foot problems can be addressed with custom orthotics. If you play sports, you should consider getting custom orthotics to help prevent pain and injury to your feet. These athletic shoe additions can offer benefits like:
- Reducing shock absorption for feet —This is important because shock absorption when playing sports can lead to injuries, foot discomfort and exhaustion. Also, custom orthotics can improve athletic performance by improving balance. They can also make maintaining proper posture during sports easier.
- Addressing foot abnormalities — Orthotics may help correct foot abnormalities such as flat feet that could otherwise negatively impact certain sporting activities and cause sports foot pain.
- Ankle stabilization — Orthotics can help stabilize the ankle joint by providing comfort, balance, and support to the foot arch and heel.
Biocorrect has the perfect custom orthotics to address your sports-related foot pain
Looking for custom orthotics that can target the foot pain you feel while you’re playing sports or after you’ve left the field? Our Biocorrect team is proud to offer just such an effective product. Our certified pedorthists make our orthotics, and the custom orthotics we design are based on:
- The results of a one-on-one foot and gait evaluation.
- A custom foam mold of your feet.