Trouble walking to the mailbox. Difficulty getting out to exercise your dog. Reluctance to join your kids or grandkids in their outdoor play. These are just some of the issues the average person can experience when they have inner-foot arch pain.
People suffering from this type of foot pain aren’t alone. A 2014 survey of U.S. adults reports that 77% of Americans have had foot pain at some point. Luckily, there are ways to address inner-foot arch pain, but you’ll first need to know the cause of your pain.
Common inner-foot arch pain causes
The inner foot is dominated by the arch, and problems with this area of the foot can lead to inner-foot pain. There are several arch issues that could cause your pain. However, there are two issues that are its common culprit:
- Plantar fasciitis — This condition occurs when the plantar fascia becomes inflamed. The primary job of this ligament is to support the arch of your foot. Plantar fasciitis typically results in foot pain when you first wake up or after walking and running. Medical researchers estimate that about 1 million patients per year visit a medical professional for this condition.
- Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD) — The posterior tibial tendon connects the calf muscles to the inside of the foot. Ankle injuries or overuse can lead to PTTD. Common symptoms of this condition include pain during walking. You might also feel pain in the foot arch that runs along the inside of the ankle and back of the calf. PTTD is the most common in overweight women. Research shows that up to 10% of this population group develops this foot condition.
What can you do about inner-foot arch pain?
Rest is a common treatment option for foot pain, and ice is often recommended as well. However, one of the most effective treatment options is to address the issues causing your pain and not just the symptoms. This is what you can get by using custom orthotics.
Custom orthotics are designed to reduce foot pain by:
- Improving arch support.
- Increasing cushioning across the entire foot.
- Boosting foot and ankle stability.
- Correcting overpronation.
- Helping to address legs that are different lengths.
- Realigning the hips, knees and ankles.
Biocorrect offers custom orthotics that can address inner-foot arch pain
Tired of living every day with inner-foot arch pain? Our team at Biocorrect is ready to help you find custom orthotics that can help reduce your pain. We’ll take a look at how you walk and comprehensively evaluate your feet. This allows us to get a better understanding of what issues you need to address. Also, we’ll build your orthotics from a custom foam mold of your feet. This helps ensure the perfect fit for your feet.