Do you suffer from heel pain? Does your pain get worse when you’re moving around? If you answered yes, then custom orthotics can offer many advantages for the condition that’s likely causing your pain.
This condition is plantar fasciitis, and it’s a result of inflammation of the band of tissue that starts at your heel and runs across the bottom of your foot to your toes. This band of tissue is the plantar fascia. Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It’s estimated that about 10% of the general population has plantar fasciitis at any given time.
Custom orthotics are useful for many sources of foot and knee pain. But these shoe inserts can be particularly beneficial for heel pain.
Three benefits custom orthotic shoe inserts offer for heel pain
People with plantar fasciitis can experience heel and foot pain when sitting still, but their pain tends to increase when they walk around. Custom orthotic shoe inserts are a treatment option for plantar fasciitis heel pain that can offer many advantages, such as:
- Reducing pain — Custom orthotics are built to provide better support for your feet. In turn, this support can help relieve pressure on the plantar fascia and decrease inflammation and pain. One medical study reports that custom orthotics helped:
- Reduce resting pain by 95.31% in nine weeks.
- Decrease pain with activity by 76.23% in nine weeks.
- Increasing foot function — Your ability to walk is heavily dependent on normal foot function. Plantar fasciitis patients tend to have reduced foot function. This reduction typically makes it harder for them to walk normally.
A medical study found that custom orthotics can help improve foot function in plantar fasciitis patients. This study reveals that these shoe inserts helped increase foot function scores by 20 points in four weeks.
- Greater effectiveness than over-the-counter products — People might consider using an over-the-counter (OTC) shoe insert for their plantar fasciitis pain. However, custom foot orthotics can be more effective. Medical researchers report that custom orthotics had lower scores in three measures of plantar fasciitis pain compared with an OTC product.
Find a custom orthotic shoe insert that’s beneficial for your heel pain at Biocorrect
Are you ready to find a shoe insert that offers the above benefits for your heel pain? At Biocorrect, our certified pedorthists are primed to help you find just what you’re looking for. Our specialists can do a comprehensive evaluation of your feet and gait, and they’ll also take a custom foam mold of your feet. Both of these pieces will then be used to create orthotics that are specifically customized to your feet and foot issues.
Contact us today for more information about all the orthotic products we offer or to schedule an appointment for your one-on-one foot evaluation.