Insoles can be the key to helping you feel comfortable and supported on your feet, especially when you’re experiencing symptoms such as pain and instability. If you have flat feet that are interfering with your ability to handle your regular physical activity, then it’s time to explore insole options.
There are different types of insoles that can be used to help address flat feet issues, but we’re going to discuss why custom orthotics are the best option for flat foot insoles.
What are flat feet?
If you have flat feet, or pes planus, it means that the sole of your foot touches the ground when standing due to having little or no arch.
If you have flat feet, you’re not alone. In fact, research shows that approximately 8% of U.S. adults 21 and older have the condition, which adds up to about 18 million people.
People with flat feet can develop pain in the heel, arch, ankle and along the side of the foot. The condition can also increase the risk of developing issues including:
- Bone spurs.
- Shin splints.
- Knee, back and hip pain.
5 reasons why custom orthotics may be the best flat foot insoles
If you’ve started shopping around for flat foot insoles, you may be overwhelmed by the number of options. We’re here to let you know why custom orthotics stand out from the rest.
Here are five reasons why custom orthotics may be the best option for flat feet:
- Custom orthotics are made specifically for the shape and size of your foot using a moldable foam impression kit.
- Orthotics can help alleviate pain by evenly distributing pressure throughout the foot with every step.
- By keeping your foot and leg properly aligned, custom orthotics can help reduce the risk of back pain.
- Custom orthotics can provide shock absorption to reduce the impact that your foot can have on the muscles.
- With proper support, orthotics can reduce the risk of your foot rolling and causing a sprained ankle.
Biocorrect can help you see why custom orthotics may be the best flat feet insoles
Flat feet can cause pain that makes it difficult to walk, exercise or even stand in place. Our custom orthotics are designed to cater to your exact needs, from the shape of your foot to the amount of cushion required for proper support.
We make the process of making custom orthotics as simple and convenient as possible. Just follow the instructions for the impression kit that’s delivered to your home, send it back and we’ll take care of the rest!